Tosca Reno

Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eating Clean Despite an Irregular Schedule



Here's an excellent question from Facebook fan Germaine Gill:

"Hi Tosca, 
I just wanted to say what an inspiration you are to myself and everyone that fallows you. I lost my brother over 9 yrs ago in an accident and understand the pain and loss you have felt. Hugs to you and your family! I just started a new job that requires me to work shift work. I'm struggling with a schedule of eating on midnights (630pm-630am) I am also working out in the gym at the office on the night shifts to help me stay awake without drinking too much caffeine. Could you give me some pointers on what types of food and when I should stop eating? Thanks so much! You look amazing!"

I do often hear that an irregular schedule can be an obstacle to sticking to an Eating Clean lifestyle, or for that matter any way of eating.  I believe the only way to approach the Eat-Clean Diet lifestyle on a schedule that is different from say, an 8 to 5 work day, involves adjusting your day according to your own schedule.  If you begin to work at midnight  then eat your breakfast in the hour or two you have before you begin to work.  Then count three hours after that for your next meal and another 3 hours and so on.  It is a matter of thinking it through beforehand.  Then plan for success by filling a cooler with appropriate clean foods so that you will never go hungry.  This works very well if you give it a try and trust the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Tosca's Instragrams