Tosca Reno

Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Greens Make You Glow!


Thanks to Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook guest blogger, Melissa Costello, for sharing her wonderful progression to health and wellness. You can see her healthful glow from her greens...
Becoming a vegetarian was a natural progression for me once I gave up eating red meat at the age of nineteen. I was always an athlete and into working out, but I was raised on sugary cereals and processed foods…ah, the 70’s & 80’s! I didn’t know the first thing about eating healthy.

As I got more interested in my internal health, I began to learn more about what healthy eating meant. My body just felt better when I didn’t eat meat. I also healed all of my childhood allergies, including asthma once I gave up dairy. It was a huge eye opener to me to get the results I did just from eating foods that were whole and unprocessed.

Tosca’s books have been a huge part of my journey, especially as a chef, because I love to taste other chef’s creations. She is such an inspiration because she ties exercise, which to me is fitness, and food, which is health, together. There are a lot of people out there who just do one or the other. What we put in our bodies is the most important if we truly want to live a long healthy life. If we are exercising like crazy and eating bad food, eventually it will catch up to us.

I’ve used all of Tosca’s Eat-Clean Diet books in my kitchen, as well as when I cook for my private chef clients. Sometimes I need a bit of inspiration when I get stuck in a kitchen rut, and her books are full of it. Her recipes are all fairly simple to make, as well as tasty. Her books have helped me so much in my quest to optimal health and wellness.

Eating healthy is a lifestyle, and I know, and have learned that I need to be consistent each and every day with what I put in my mouth and how I feed myself. I’ve been vegan for a long time and I feel so good that eating bad is no longer an option. And the truth is, I don’t even miss any of those unhealthy foods I was raised on. There are so many healthy options out there today that there is no excuse not to eat healthy. Eating this way is a lifestyle and not just a diet. It can provide longevity and lasting results, as well as a natural body weight and natural energy!  Who wouldn't want that?


To your Optimal Health, Happiness & Wellness
Melissa Costello
Culinary Nutritionist and Wellness Coach
www.karmachow.com

1 comment:

  1. Love this new cookbook! I've been hoping for a vegetarian version(I haven't eaten meat in 17 years) I have already tried several of the meals and they have all been great. Even my family, who does eat meat, enjoyed them! I've convinced them to go meat free 3 days a week! I hope to see a Vegetarian 2 at some point.

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams