Tosca Reno

Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Long Weekend Food & Fun

Combining a workout and cleaning!
I am so very much looking forward to the long weekend starting today here in Ontario. We get 3 entire days to catch rays, play in the pool and enjoy the company of family and friends. I will have 20 people at the house for the weekend to celebrate the 76th birthday of my mother, Tina. We did the same thing last summer for my mom's 75th birthday & I'm so excited everyone is back for another round...

The name of my new crush? Dyson!
My mom has been helping me prepare the house all day. Between making beds, dusting, and vacuuming we've gotten quite the workout. I just got a new Dyson vacuum (after hearing rave reviews from my daughter), which I have fallen instantly in love with. It's like the perfect Eat-Clean vacuum... clean and simple! (By the way, Dyson did not pay me to say that!)

Mom and I even got caught in a flash rain storm as we were outside tidying. Guess I won't be needing a shower today! Just kidding.

It will be a weekend of delicious food, including a pig roast tomorrow night. To start things off right, this evening I'll be preparing Eat-Clean burgers, corn on the cob, and cucumber salad to enjoy for dinner. My cucumber salad consists of coarsely chopped cucumber, coarsely chopped tomatoe, a little olive oil, white-wine vinegar, fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste. So yummy and refreshing!
20 people + broken fridge = OH NO!!!
Now the only big issue is my fridge that just went on the fritz! What's a Clean Eater to do? Hopefully this can get resolved soon.

Thanks to Andrea & Christa for their great suggestions for family fun!! I will definitely be putting them to use and I'll be back on Tuesday to share all the details.

Don't forget to catch me on Breakfast Television on Tuesday AM. Get the details here.

Happy weekend! Keep it clean!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a lot of fun! Enjoy the family and the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at those triceps!!! Now that is some sexy vacuuming! LOL
    Hope you all had fun this weekend, can't wait to hear all about it.

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl
    (The I 'heart' Tosca T-shirt girl)

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams