The New Year brings on a wave of resolutions regarding health, wellness and weight loss. It is a time to reflect on the last year's mishaps, trips, and falls and set new standards for the New Year. People become charged with inspiration for creating their best body yet, eating well and really getting it "right" this time. Diets, training regimes, you name it are all revamped and set in place. But, where do you start? There are so many "diet" plans to choose from, there are so many books, magazines, people but does anything really work? Questions start zooming into your head: what if I fall off the wagon? what if I put all that weight back on? What if I can't achieve my goals? It's a a tizzy of resolution action floating around in your brain!
Well the Eat-Clean Diet® Team and Tosca Reno, are here to help! We want to shed some light on what makes the Eat-Clean Diet® unique from other weight loss plans and how it is sustainable, maintainable and attainable to follow. Unlike many diet plans the Eat-Clean Diet® is more like a lifestyle change, it encourages you to change your eating habits but not restrict them. Instead of eating less food, you eat more! What you eat more of is healthy, nutritious food not processed, refined junk. The Eat-Clean Diet®is a guarantee, not many fad diets can say the same. Once you begin to Eat-Clean you'll see the weight come off and stay off.
Top 5 Reasons Why the Eat-Clean Diet® is the Lifestyle Diet of 2011
1. A calorie is not a calorie: as Weight Watchers announced in fall 2010 a "calorie is not a calorie", the Eat-Clean Diet® has been advocating this for years. Calories cannot be accurately measured. The way in which we consume food and metabolize food is different for everyone. What we can measure is the source of the calorie and the nutritional value of that calorie. Think: the calorie from a donut is not the same as a calorie from an apple.
2. Clean food is plentiful: Despite what many people may think, there is great variety when it comes to clean foods. It's not just apples or chicken. Foods range from fish, nuts, eggs, fruits, vegetables, rice, quinoa, beans, legumes, plants, bison, lean beef, and chicken - the list goes on. The food is also delicious! Once you train your taste buds to eat only clean foods, you'll wonder how you ever indulged in sweet, refined or processed food. Clean foods have fresh taste and texture. Having such great diversity in food saves you from craving and indulging in junk food that packs on unwanted pounds.
3. Eating Clean is not restrictive: Many diet plans encourage you to restrict the amount of calories you consume, leaving you starving, tired and weak. When you restrict calories you train your metabolism to turn off - doing your body and your health a disservice. When you eat clean you are encouraged to eat 6 times a day to keep your metabolism running in tip-top shape. You won't go hungry, but you will be feeding your body healthy nutrition. A lifestyle that encourages you to eat when you are hungry is key to maintaining any weight loss or gain that you are hoping to achieve. You won't feel deprived and you certainly won't feel weak.
4. Eating Clean helps you achieve the body you've always wanted: Because you are feeding your body nutritious food regularly and speeding up your metabolism, you will create the body and shape you were intended to have. This body functions with vigor and energy - it is lean and toned. In the quest for weight loss or maintenance, it is 80% nutrition, 10% exercise and 10% genetics. A huge element as you can see is diet, and eating clean ensures that your diet is extremely healthy.
5. Eating clean builds the best health: Sugar, processed foods, chemicals and junk food all hinder you from achieving your best health. Foods like these set you up for a long history of health problems ranging from diabetes to cancer. When you eat nutritious, healthy and clean food you are building up a body with the best health. This is a body that can fight off disease and illness, - one with glowing skin, long nails and healthy hair. You will lean out and gain definition! Nutrition in means nutrition out, and you want to put the best nutritious foods in to your body. Get rid of all that junk! Ground flaxseed, blueberries, fish and leafy greens should be the first items in your grocery bags and the first thing on your dinner plate.
Tosca Reno and The Eat-Clean Diet® Team
Please join our Facebook, twitter and the Kitchen Table communities to get frequent updates and endless support from fans and followers of the Eat-Clean Diet® , the Eat-Clean Diet® Team and Tosca Reno herself. Tosca and the Team are always here for you and will see you through this journey every step of the way!