Tosca Reno

Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

She Got It and I want it!

Hi All!!!

Today Kelsey-Lynn got her driver's license. I got up at 4:00 am this morning to drive her sister Rachel's little car to Belleville so she could do her road test in it. Rachel also gave Kelsey her car to drive - nice sis huh! She passed her test and I am totally beat. I am going to bed at 8:30 pm right after I post this.

By the way I had the worst cravings for Peanut Butter and Chocolate today. I think it was the exhaustion that set me off. I wanted to dig into the stuff in front of the TV while watching Oprah re-runs but I texted my pal Elaine Goodlad begging her for support. This is how it went:

T: Elaine I am craving PB and C big time.

E: Stop the madness!!! Pros don't eat peanut butter n choc!! Be the pro ... Be the pro!!!!

T: Just send me hugs then.

E: Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs!

T: Muah, muah! (That's text spelling for kiss, kiss)

I walked away from temptation but I learned something today. Tiredness is not a good thing when you are dieting or ever really.

Food Today:

5:00 am oatmeal, plus flax plus bee pollen (you know the drill)
8 ounces wheat grass in 1 liter water
4 egg whites

8:00 am
3 egg whites
2 melba toast
500 ml water

11;00 am
6 ounces tilapia
1 raw small tomato
water, water, water

2;00 pm
6 ounces tilapia
handful raw beans
2 small baby potatoes
500 ml water

6:00
5 ounces chicken
steamed asparagus
1/2 sweet potato
fennel tea

before bed
fennel tea
6 ounces wheat grass
4 fish oil capsules
2 Tbsp rice bran oil

Must sleep!!

Oh by the way we trained legs yesterday (today is a rest day) and can I just say that I did 18 reps with 400 pounds and today my a@#$% hurts. I did the presses really deep so I hit the quads and the glutes. Yowch!

G'night folks.
My bed is calling me.
T

8 comments:

  1. Awesome to have a support system in place, we all(some aka me ;) need it more than others)need it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at the Richmond Hill Sam's Club! So excited!!!!
    I'm noticing you're doing the wheatgrass shots and that's awesome.
    If you're interested and haven't already checked out fellow green drinkers, you should check out Natalia Rose's book The Raw Food Detox Diet. At the back, she has a bunch of juicer drinks. Another good reference point is Kris Carr and her blog Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy blog.
    Anyway, keep up the amazing work! You have a lot of people sending their positive energy to keep you away from peanut butter and chocolate.
    Enjoying your entries and pics!
    Keep em coming...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That PB is the Devil, I tell ya! I could eat a whole jar. I can't have it in the house!

    Way to go.....Pros don't eat PB and Choc! Good job, Tosca!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that fennel tea is a mild diretic... is that why you're using it - to lose water weight that might be hiding your muscles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Tosca! You're that much stronger for beating the temptation.
    Also, congrats to Kelsey-Lynn, & big kudos for big sis Rachel.
    My "baby" turned 18 a few short weeks ago, and I haven't seen much of her due to her new job with crazy hours! In some ways their leaving the nest is freeing, in some ways very sad. Hope you're coping well with most all your chicks leaving the nest at one time! You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Go get 'em, Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, PB is the Devil..
    Tosca, you sure are the strongest - in body and mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, there- just wanted to say great job on the fighting the urge- this weekend was my son's birthday party, and he wanted a mud cake- I did have a bite of what was stuck to the knife, and before I knew it, there was another bite halfway to my mouth! But, I asked myself if it was worth it just 5 weeks out from my own comp here in Western Australia (I am a transplanted American), and decided that I was temporarily insane, but sanity eventually won out. I threw out the rest of the cake. Gone. I then went to read how you were doing, and got some much needed reinforcements!! Thank you, and Keep it tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are sharing your progress here Tosca it is very motivating and real LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams