Tosca Reno

Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I'm feeling it! Spring must be in the air!

My spring fever is kicking into high gear and I'm having a grand old time cleaning and sorting and organizing. I think these elements are just as important to an Eat-Clean lifestyle as exercise and whole foods. If our cupboards are wrought with junk, if our gym equipment is collecting dust, and if we're still holding onto clothes that no longer fit us then how are we encouraging ourselves to keep our good habits on track?

I know for myself that a clean work surface makes for more productivity and efficiency. I encourage you to take some time over the next few weeks to "clean" up your living space.

Here are a few things I've been doing:

a) Cleaning out my closet and donating to the local women's shelter
b) Vacuuming every possible surface with my best friend, Dyson
c) Freshening up my hair colour
d) Cleaning out old gym journals and old, beyond-repair equipment
e) Doing a thorough cleaning of the fridge and pantry

I've also been spending as much time as possible playing outside with the dogs trying to soak up as much sun as possible.

What does your spring cleaning regime involve? Can't wait to hear your tips so I can apply them.

P.S. As I write this I've just learned the Greater Toronto Area will be covered with 15cm of snow tonight. Maybe I'm a little on the spring front! 

3 comments:

  1. I am cleaning out my fridge right now!! Every drawer and shelf has been taken out and washed, and it looks amazing!!!. My pantry was done yesterday.Iam in Southern MA and it is 60 right now. My windows are open and I am ready for Spring. I hope there is no snow EVER!!!!! So true how great it feels to purge all of the unnecessaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the spring weather too! For Lent/Spring cleaning I'm doing the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge. Check it out...I think it will be a lot of fun and a big challenge to fill 40 trash bags with stuff I no longer need. Happy Spring Cleaning!

    http://simplycatholic.net/content/40-trash-bag-challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across this simple but cool tip on Pinterest:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/176555247861704131/

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams