Tosca Reno

Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Yogini Not!

Rachel working on her back bend at Global Mala Toronto. 
Yesterday my daughter Rachel and I participated in an epic yoga event. 

We joined about 60 other people on the deck terrace of the uber-chic Thompson Hotel for Global Mala

The event was put on by 889 Yoga, one of Toronto's chicest and loveliest studios. All of the event proceeds were donated to Schools Without Borders, a charity project specialized in setting up safe spaces and grassroots educational opportunities for those in need around the world. 

I didn't think I would be able to complete 2 hours of yoga since I'm not much of a yogini, but I pulled through! They rotated teachers ever 15 minutes (keeping things nice and fresh) and finished off with a beautiful drum and chanting savasana. I mean, when was the last time you were given permission to lie down in beautiful sunshine for 15 minutes without thinking about anything but your breath? It was a truly peaceful experience that even brought tears to my eyes. I finally learned that yoga is all about me and no one else. I didn't compare myself to anyone... I just practiced. 

Heading into the city for the day also gave me the opportunity to hang out with my eldest daughter. We had lunch after yoga and walked around the shops of Yorkville. It was a gorgeous day in Toronto and a truly lovely way to spend a Sunday. 

I better start putting more yoga into my workout schedule... it felt GOOD!

Here's to the start of a beautiful and peaceful week. 

-Tosca

No comments:

Post a Comment



Tosca's Instragrams