Tosca Reno

Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Power Me Up!!!!


On Thursday, August 11th, 2011 I spent the day in the company of powerful women whom I admire very much. Four of those women were my daughters. The others included Ellen DeGeneres, Jill Bolte Taylor, Suzanne Somers, Loretta LaRoche and many more. The event we attended was The Power of Women. And boy did it live up to its name!  Powerful women shared their message with us throughout the day leaving us feeling EMPOWERED.  I needed, absolutely NEEDED to attend this event in order to hit the RESET button in my life.  The summer months for me have been all about hitting that button to refresh my goals and my life plans.  It's even more rewarding for me to be able to share this day with my daughters Rachel, Chelsea, Kelsey-Lynn and Kiersten who are casting their eyes in the direction of their own futures and looking for guiding and wisdom along the way.

I took away scads of notes from the event as well as a sense of true empowerment, positivity and strength.   When I was getting dressed to attend this event yesterday morning I was worrying about what purse to take because I knew I would take away many goodies from the day.  In the end I grabbed a big bag so I could stuff it with my notes as well as my Eat-Clean treats - a special trail mix I make, water and a few hard-boiled eggs.  I will share more once I have a moment to process my learnings.

Women are a force to be reckoned with. We manage so many different tools and relationships and wear multiple hats (sometimes even fashionable ones...hehe), but without believing in ourselves and developing confidence  we are stuck.   In my mind the real heroes in life are women like you and I who are trying every day to make positive change happen regardless of time, position, age or obstacles.  Look to your womanly neighbors and friends who are slogging away every day and give them a smile and a word of encouragement.  Now that's empowerment.

Just as I tell you, yesterday was an amazing reminder to me to "Give yourself permission"... to change, to grow, to fly, to be you, to do anything you want to do.  This permission is absolutely necessary in order to carry out any of your goals.  I needed to give myself this permission 12 years ago and even today as I make plans to deliver a breath of fresh air to the Tosca Reno and Eat-Clean Diet brands. Stay tuned for more on these developments.  Prepare to get excited.

We all have the power within us.  Can't you feel it?  I can!

I hope one day soon I can grace the stage at The Power of Women and create fire within the lives of the women who need it most.  What an honor that would be!

2 comments:

  1. I also attended the Power of Women Conference yesterday and I came away inspired and to learn to do what I want to do. I lost my mom to brain cancer 5 months ago so I attended this conference to see how others deal with adversity and also laugh. Life doesn't always turn out the way you want but its what you do to change. It was truly life changing to be at the conference yesterday and hopefully one day you will be talking at POW because you are an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I need that...I am embarking on a new chapter in my life tomorrow and I have to say I am a bit nervous...Thanks for the words of encouragement...Now I know I can do it!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams