Tosca Reno

Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Celebrating with Braden last Christmas.
Last night was all about saying goodbye even if we have been doing this privately for the past few days since Braden's passing.  Now it was time to draw together those whom Braden had touched in his brief life and allow them to make peace, share a story and see our brave boy one last time.  How necessary this is for us and how brilliantly Braden pulled us together without saying a word.  As I watched and welcomed so many this evening with Robert, Chelsea, Rachel, Kelsey and Kiersten by my side it was difficult not to be moved by this power.  Braden's laughing eyes and courageous example give us all hope that we can at least try to be better people.  Last night I saw how Braden reunited friends and family who had not spoken for far too long and how he helped another father gain courage to continue carrying the heavy load of caring for his own profoundly challenged son.  In that room Braden brought strangers together to share stories and cause an entire crowd of people to say "What a beautiful boy!"

So much about saying goodbye is about understanding your place in that person's life and what he or she meant to you.  You already know I was powerfully inspired by Braden but I think I learned much more.  My heart is bigger.  I am more willing to laugh at myself.  I don't need or want to be perfect.  Small things make me happy.  My eyes are more willing to see new things particularly in people.  And I am learning acceptance - just to accept that life is messy and painful, joyful and surprising all in one big lump.

Today brings the final step.  We have been marching slowly towards this over the last few days.  It is a final step.  I know the sun will shine tomorrow, the earth will be damp and ready for spring, the flowers will glow against a chill day and we will all gather together for that last goodbye united by Braden and his reminder to be strong but keep a twinkle in your eye.

We will Braden, we will.

Thank you for all of your support over the past few days. Your kind words will accompany Braden into his next steps. Thank you for giving both us and him the strength to carry on.

Love Forever,
Tosca and Family
Chelsea and her big brother Braden sharing a laugh!
A sunny day with Bob & Braden.

20 comments:

  1. Tosca, my deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tosca...I am so sorry for your loss...My prayers and blessings go out to you and Bob. And give Chelsea big hugs and love from one of your biggest fans. I don't know what I would do without my big brother, it's got to be tough for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has a powerful and special angel by his side who is now watching over all of you. God Bless and give you the strength to move forward with continued love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your incredible loss. May the peace of God be your anchor as you make your way through the storm. Prayers, thoughts and hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and Prayers to your beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. May god give you and your family strength during this difficult time.
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. so deeply sorry for your loss. LOts of love and prayers to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tosca,

    My deepest condolences to you, Robert and the rest of your family. In February I had the pleasure of meeting you with my son Brayden and you shared a little bit about your Braden. I will treasure my boys and their spirited ways even more now and my prayers are with you and your family through this difficult time. And no doubt you continue to carry him in your heart and have his wonderful spirit with you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tosca, my deepest condolences to your family, it saddens my heart that your family has to go through the loss of a child. Your words though, they are truly beautiful and I am sure that Braden would be touched by them deeply. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twinkle in your eyes as you remember him will never fade.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. it sounds like such an honour to have know the young man!!! may the good memmories lift you all past the pain and into the peace...
    blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the loss of a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am sure he is smiling right now from his new neighbourhood for the things you write about him tosca, as you said it is his time to feel free someplace else, you won't see him but you will have him in your hearts...

    my condolences to all your family

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post! My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My deepest condolences to you and your family. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Braden has just touched us all through your beautiful words, Tosca. My thoughts and payers are with your whole family in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about your son. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sure that Braden would be touched by them deeply.

    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams