Friday, November 12, 2010
Choosing the Right Gym & Personal Trainer
Choosing the right gym and the right personal trainer are key to successfully creating of Your Best Body Now. Here are some key questions to ask:
1. Is it in a location that you will frequent? This will increase your chances of actually making it to the gym.
2. Is the gym safe and clean? Ask the front desk about the age of the equipment, the maintenance schedule and how often the facilities are cleaned.
3. Do you feel comfortable with the other members in the gym? Some women are put off by seeing hardcore weight lifters in the gym. Be sure you choose an environment that makes you feel good.
The Personal Trainer:
1. What are their credentials and success rate? Ensure they are certified by a nationally recognized organization like Can-Fit-Pro in Canada or ACE in the US and that their certifications are up to date?
2. Do you feel comfortable with the trainer? Ask if the trainer offers a trial session to make sure you like their training style and how you interact with them.
3. What is their price? Determine if you are paying the trainer for sessions or for results.
What did you take into consideration when choosing a gym and/or personal trainer?
For more excellent tips and tricks like this pick up a copy of New York Time's Bestseller Your Best Body Now.