Tosca Reno

Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cooler Clear Up


I have received a number of questions regarding the cooler plans in the Eat-Clean Diet book on page 88. It sounds like the cooler plans are causing some confusion. Let's see if I can rectify this:

Cooler 1: This is intended for people who would like to see rapid results. I recommend this if you are preparing for a competition and have already attempted clean eating. It is an intense plan involving few fruits (high sugar content even though it's natural) and very little lenience. I use this when I am preparing for competitions, photo shoots and media appearances and do so for no longer than a month. 

Cooler 2: This cooler can be used all year round. Fruit, bread, dairy products, and the occasional glass of wine have been added in limited amounts. This does not include eating unhealthy sugars and fats. 

Cooler 3: This is the slow start. If you're having trouble beginning the lifestyle plan because of food addictions, obesity, skepticism etc. start here. Then progress to cooler 2. 

Note: In cooler 1 I mention 5 protein servings simply because some people find they eat only 5 times a day. If you need a snack before bed (2 - 3 hours before bed) then have another serving of lean protein along with a light complex carb.

Bottom Line: Cooler 2 is your best bet for year-round Clean Eating. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for that explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tosca,

    I eat at least 5 different fresh fruits daily as i know how important they are, as well as of course 5 different veggies. Are you saying that it is important to limit the amount of fruit you eat too? Thanks, SD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tosca,

    Thank you for the book, and the cookbook I'm just beginning the eat clean way of life. I find it difficult to eat more than one snack while I'm at work. Is there a point in the evening that is too late to eat? I'm eating 4 meals a day but and at this point do not feel hungry in the evening.
    Thank you in advance for the guidance. Good luck in the Arnold.
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tosca,
    First, I would like thank you for all of your books. I am just beginning the eat clean nutritional plan. I love working out so the "movement" part of my days is not a problem. But, I have a very demanding job and quite often don't find time to eat at work, which I know is not the best way to go. I was very excited when I saw your cooler plans and started to play with them. Now I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly. So for example if I would like to use cooler #2: I take what belongs to cooler#1 and add what is listed in the instruction for cooler #2, right???
    Thank you in advance for all your advice. Have a great day.
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tosca,
    I'm 46 years old and and "cleaning up my act". I've begun to work out again for the last 3 weeks when I started your diet but the problem is that about 2 hours after my work out even though they're not that tough I find myself running out of gas. I eat oatmeal like u suggest with protein all the other goodies just before i go to the gym and have frest fruit and yogurt afterwards in the parking lot but still am in trouble. Can you pass along some much needed help? I love your books and thank you so much for writing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tosca,

    I'm wondering if oils and beans are allowed while following Cooler #1. I don't see them in the list of allowed foods and I also don't seem them in the foods to avoid section. Please clarify...

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams