Tosca Reno

Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Slow Cooker Recipe

Image Courtesy of Tiffany & The Gracious Pantry

I am excited to have guest blogger The Gracious Pantry here with me today. She creates some seriously delicious clean recipes including Slow Cooker Spinach & Chicken, which she has graciously shared with use today. Just switch the chicken for turkey and you've got a great way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers. I absolutely love her story. Thank you for joining us today!


I grew up eating clean, even though back then it didn’t have a name. My grandmother cooked for the family, and clean food was all she knew. Needless to say, as a child, I didn’t have a weight problem.

Then life happened and I got too busy to think about my health (or so I thought at the time). I started eating all the wrong foods that are so characteristic of the American diet. Over the course of about 15 years, put on a whopping 114 pounds!

However, my life changed the day my son was born. I knew I had to do something to get healthy for him. I knew I didn’t want to be the unhealthy mom sitting on the sidelines. I wanted to be the mom out there kicking the ball around and playing tag with my little man. 


Then one night I was in my local book store and ran across one of Tosca’s books. I knew I had “come home”. The style of cooking felt so familiar. The photos in the book I held took me back to my days spent with my grandmother watching her cook in that big, yellow kitchen with the ancient, black and white stove and overflowing spice rack. 


It took me some time to get started, and even more time to really get the hang of eating frequent meals. But I eventually did and I’ve never looked back. I’ve been eating clean now for about 2 years and I’ve lost 59 of those 114 pounds. 


Best of all, I ran my first 5K not too long ago and I can now play tag with my munchkin on a daily basis. Life is better than ever!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Tosca! It's an honor to be featured here. You are definitely my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this post! thanks for sharing


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of you ladies! Happy to see each other sharing all the best of clean eating! And sisterhood :)

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams