Sunday, December 9, 2012
Day 9 of Giving: Give the Little Things
By now you've likely realized that we do our best to focus our 25 Days of Giving on small, heartfelt, low-cost gifts.
And in honor of the start of Hannukah, which began last night, I am sharing my top 8 ways I really like to Give. Try these out over the next 8 days to really feel the holiday magic in your heart.
Best of all, you can do these all year long...
1. Wake up someone special in your life with coffee (or tea!).
2. Spend some time watching your favorite holiday films with your loved ones.
3. Visit a local charity in your community and donate what you can (check out The Salvation Army and Clothesline programs).
4. Donate to your local food bank, and be sure to leave a can or two of food in the donation bins located on the way out of your grocery store.
5. Bake holiday treats for your neighbor or coworker in need. Check out Clean Eating magazine's Latkes with Apple-Yogurt Dip or these super yummy Pecan & Cran Holiday cookies.
6. Take your friend to the gym with you to share one of your favorite workouts.
7. Carve out time in your busy schedule to make holiday crafts with a few special kids in your life. Then you can help them decorate their houses for the holidays.
8. Put together a family cookbook of your favorite Eat-Clean family recipes to share with your loved ones. Don't forget to share your special tips on each one. Best of all, you're encouraging health and wellness for the year ahead.
What are your ideas?
Posted by Tosca Reno at 9:21 AM