Today is definitely going to be one of our most delicious Gives yet.
Recipe wonder Zain Saraswati Jamal has paired with DAVIDsTEA to create an Eat-Clean verion of Cocomint Creme Brulee just for us.
It is based on DAVIDsTEA's amazing Cocomint Cream tea - a creamy combo of blackberry, mint, apple and coconut.
And just for joining us today, you're invited to enter to win a DAVIDsTEA Holiday Countdown Calendar - 1 tea everyday from now until the holidays begin. Simply comment below with your favorite DAVIDsTEA selection and how it helps you stay on track. Winners will be announced on Monday.
Yield: 2 Servings
1 Cup Fat-Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Cocomint Creme Tea (strongly brewed)
1/4 Cup Organic Light Whipped Coconut Milk
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder Of Your Choice - Optional
11/2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
1 Tsp Natural Vanilla
1 Vanilla Pod – Optional but delicious
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein of Your Choice
5-7 Drops Natural Mint Extract
1 Tbsp Fresh Mint Chopped
1 Tsp Cornstarch OR Arrowroot Powder
10-15 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia OR Eat Clean Diet Approved Sweetener of Your Choice
1 Whole Organic Farm Fresh Egg
2 Organic Farm Fresh Egg Whites
2 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup + 1/8 Cup Sucanat
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Brew tea and set aside.
3. In a food processor, whip coconut milk then add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT maple syrup & sucanat.
4. Add all blended ingredients to 2 Ramkins or 1 oven safe dish and bake for 20-25 mins.
5. Remove brulee from oven and increase temperature to broil.
6. Top with organic maple syrup and sprinkle with sucanat, place under broil until a hardend crust is formed or until crystals become browned (each broiler is different)
7. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so that the crust can set before serving.
Note: For an authentic brulee crust, use a brulee torch or grill lighter and run it over the syrup/sucanat until browned.