Tosca Reno

Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Sheena's Frittata

I am really excited to have Sheena Clark as our Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook guest blogger today. She shares her ah-ha moment and a delicious frittata recipe with us. Thanks Sheena!
Sheena's GORGEOUS frittata! See recipe below...

We live in a time where weight loss & fitness are multi-billion dollar industries, but sometimes doesn’t it seem like you’ve got a one-in-a-billion chance of finding a program that is sustainable?

I felt like I hit the jackpot when I discovered Tosca’s books and the Eat Clean paradigm; it’s safe to say that the very first weight I lost was the one off my shoulders! I knew right away that by embracing the refreshingly simple ‘rules’ of Eating Clean that I would have more energy in my workouts, better mental clarity in my career, and that my jeans may even fit a little better, too.

I was right. I love it when that happens!

I’ve been a pescatarian for three years; and have always been pretty conscious of what I eat, aside from being blissfully ignorant to the origins and effects of chemicals that pre-packaged foods are laden with. I ritually gobbled up high-sodium soups for lunch and enjoyed a sugar-free pudding after. Low cal? Yes. But what the heck else is in that stuff? I took some time to read – really read the ingredients, not just the nutritional stats. I was completely grossed out, and pitched a lot of my grocery list staples to the curb. That was about a year ago, and I haven’t looked back.

The Eat-Clean Diet community and my newfound love of cooking Clean inspired me to start my own food blog called Butter Versus Burpees where I share my favourite Eat-Clean recipes (such as the one below) and a few treats, too.


Light and Fluffy Any-Time Frittata

Yield: 4 servings

As we all know, preparation and ease-of-access to Clean foods is the key to success. I make lunches for the week on Sunday afternoons, this one is in high rotation, as it is versatile, can be eaten cold or warm, and lasts for a few days in the fridge. Fill this frittata with whatever veggies you have on hand, and enjoy a portable, high-protein meal any time of day!

Ingredients
3 Whole Eggs
5 Egg Whites
1 Tbsp Whole-Wheat Flour
½ Cup Milk (I used unsweetened soymilk)
½ Cup Sundried Tomatoes
½ Cup Sliced Olives
1/3 Cup Crumbled Low-Fat Feta
½ Tbsp Italian Spice Mix
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Methods
In a mixing bowl, scramble one egg with the tbsp of flour until mixed. Add the rest of the eggs, egg whites and milk, and scramble well. Add in tomatoes, olives, cheese, and spices. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, or until it\'s set and just browned on top. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then serve. Stores well in an airtight container in the fridge for three days.

1 comment:

  1. I felt like I hit the jackpot when I discovered Tosca’s books and the Eat Clean paradigm; it’s safe to say that the very first weight I lost was the one off my shoulders! I knew right away that by embracing the refreshingly simple ‘rules’ of Eating Clean that I would have more energy in my workouts, better mental clarity in my career, and that my jeans may even fit a little better, too.
    wholesale salwar kameez ,
    fully stitched salwar suits wholesale ,

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams