Coach Rita recommends I have a recovery shake every day, which is great since I was already getting into this habit with my schedule as busy as it is these days. I guess it's working well too considering my progress pics below!
We are both adamant about a few key things in your protein selection:
1. Look for a short ingredient list (the more ingredients the less likely it's good for you)
2. No fillers (aspartame and sugar free)
3. Stevia is a great sweetener replacement
4. Look for high protein per serving (20-30g)
5. Added BCAAs are always a bonus, but not necessary,
6. High carb are fine post workout and low carb if you are trying to slim down.
7. And of course a yummy flavour!
Here's my latest Recovery Shake Recipe:
*Note: this recipe is for 2 people, my daughter likes to have this for breakfast. 1/2 the recipe if it's for 1.
2 scoops Sun Warrior Barley Powder
2 scoops Active Greens
2 Tbsp chia seeds
4 Tbsp flaxseeds
2 Tbsp coconut butter
2 Tbsp almond butter
2 handfuls cherries, pitted
2 handfuls blueberries
Almond milk (to fill out the smoothie - usually about 1 cup)
6 ice cubes
Blend & enjoy!
Our friends at Sun Warrior Canada have a great deal for my readers today. You'll get 10% off with the Discount Code - TOSCA
*Valid until July 6th, 2012
|Let the transformation begin!|