Tosca Reno

Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Paola is an Eat-Clean Vegan


Today, Paolo Deocampo, NPC competitor & personal trainer, shares her story of transitioning from a lifestyle of junk to veganism all with the guiding hand of The Eat-Clean Diet. She is very excited about The Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook. I love the mention of role models. We all need them to maintain this journey. Thanks Paola, we love your story. 
Before I had heard of Tosca Reno, my idea of Eating Clean meant washing my hands before sitting at the dinner table.  I grew up eating anything and everything, never questioning the content of my food as long as it satisfied my taste buds.  But many years of having a sedentary lifestyle and eating junk caught up with me.  I realized that I had never been comfortable in my own skin.  I hated the way I looked and felt.  I flaked out on several social gatherings because I was too disgusted with my own reflection.  A change was needed, but I had never wanted to be supermodel skinny.  I wanted lean curves, but without any role models, I was lost.  That is, until I discovered Oxygen magazine’s fitness models and Tosca’s column.

As I read about Tosca’s own struggles and learned about Eating Clean, the contents of my kitchen cupboards began taking on a different form.  White breads and pastas were replaced by whole-wheat versions.  White rice was thrown out as I made room for brown rice and quinoa.  And although I had plenty of lapses in food choices since, Tosca’s inspirational column in Oxygen kept me motivated to pick myself back up and start fresh whenever possible.

It all came together when I decided to transition into the vegan lifestyle in 2010.  Among the many other benefits, becoming vegan has prompted me to pay even closer attention to what I put into my body.  My diet is Cleaner than ever and my body fat is down.  I even felt so fit and energized during my transformation that I decided to take it to another level by entering a National Physique Committee Bikini competition in 2011.  I am now a NPC Bikini Competitor and Certified Personal Trainer.

So, imagine my excitement when I heard about The Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook!  I am loving these recipes and am introducing new dishes into my meal plan!  Thank you, Tosca Reno, for inspiring me through the journey to better health since Day One!

3 comments:

  1. The issue with the vegetarian book for vegans is they still base meals around dairy and eggs. As a vegan training I am having a hard time finding a balance with my diet. Protein/carbs ect. Can you point me Ina better direction?

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams