Tosca Reno

Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pink & Purple for Bob


Yesterday I spent the day making preparations for Robert's viewing and funeral.  These are things that can't and shouldn't be done alone.  Chelsea, Kelsey, Rachel and Kiersten have each been playing important roles in creating the home and space Robert would have appreciated to welcome our guests.  We know the reason for our togetherness is Bob and the desire to celebrate and honor his life, his contribution to us and how powerfully we love and miss him is high.  It is amazing to see how easily 12 of us can come together in a unified effort to accomplish these tasks.

Chelsea and her friends put together a gallery of Bob's beautiful paintings.  To see them will gladden the hearts of all.  Kelsey has spent days preparing a beautiful video and photo montage which will play at the viewings, funeral and reception.  We need and want these reminders.  The men - Brendan, Julian, Mat and my brother Rene - banded together to prepare the outdoors, placing furniture and plants.  My mother Tina was hustling about with her 77 year-old energy keeping things tidy.  My publicist Silvie Bordeaux, flew in from LA and has been here for nearly 2 weeks helping us plan press releases, activities and all other logistical things.  I thank God for her.   The pallbearers Gino, Nigel. Rene, Ron, Julian, Mat and Tony have stepped up and do so with honor and pain.  Their own tribute to Bob is to wear pink or purple (Bob's favorite colors) pocket squares, pink ties and Bob facial hair - the goatee and mustache.  Brendan, who is Chelsea's boyfriend, will play the bagpipes tomorrow leading Bob and the rest of us in and out of the church.  Kiersten and Kelsey will be dressed in traditional Scottish kilts marching and dancing in with Brendan.  Chelsea, Rachel and I will do readings in the church tomorrow.  Help is flooding in and the house feels as if everyone is in Turbo speed getting ready.

In the quiet of the night I still find myself talking to Robert, asking him for guidance and telling him how grateful I am for these beautiful gifts he has left us.

With love,
Tosca

26 comments:

  1. Praying for you during this very painful time. Cherish all the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful~ Sending you all light & luv. Mimi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sorry for your family's loss.....I met Bob only once, but he made quite an impression on me. I'll never forget him. Prayers for you all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You share so beautifully. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tosca, I can tell that you have been in my thoughts a lot because last night you were in my dream. In the dream, we randomly met at the gym and I approached you crying about Bob's dealth. You hugged me and remained composed, graceful, and thoughtful. You were the one comforting ME! The dream concluded with us taking a yoga class together and we even shared a few laughs. My take away was that you are an amazingly strong woman inside and out. I'm so glad that you have a lot of family and friends around to support and help you through this difficult time. Please take care of yourself Tosca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God be with you and the family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so Glad you have so much love and support to help you throw this time of loss you and your girls are amazing My thoughts and prayers will be with you sending love your way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing with us. Though it's painful for you we are so blessed to have a glimpse into what's going on at the Kennedy/Reno home. Praying for strength and continued courage for you all.

    Caralyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tosca, your so blessed with such an army of soldiers (family, friends, loved ones) to carry on this memorial of one you all held and hold dear to your hearts! May Bob live on in your hearts, minds and lives! As for talking with Bob, I remember doing the same with my friend and even had some very powerful dreams of him that made clear to me the beautiful place he was in! Not something I share with just anybody but very personal to me and for anyone who has walked this path you are on! Much love, prayers, healing and peace to all of you! God Bless you dear lady!
    May God hold you in His arms to keep you through these trying times! BTW! Your gonna make it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing somehow some way I could help. Just know my heart is with you all. This is the very first time ever I have shed tears for someone I have not met that has passed. I hurt for my own personal loss as well as for yours and your family. Continue to bond and be that amazingly strong family unit that we all know you are. LOVE... nothing beats it. I have always know it and it has been reaffirmed often throughout my own life. Keep LOVING.... and never, ever stop. Sending hugs and much love and prayers to you all... Sincerely,
    Wanda Culp
    Indianapolis Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your family's strength and class is so impressive. Continued prayers going out for that continued strength and future peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. God bless you and your family during this very difficult time. May you find peace in the incredible memories you have made over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband will always be with you, Tosca. After so many years have passed since their deaths, I still talk to my parents. It's a huge comfort, and they truly still give me strength to carry on. Talk to Robert...he is listening and sending you signals in subtle ways.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Robert is watching you and he is with you. May you find peace in your memories. HUGS to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The service will be lovely, Tosca. I am in tears of how beautiful and precious it will be. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult journey. I remind myself every day that I have one more guardian angel looking over me. I ask my mother daily to look over my family, especially her 3 yr old grandson. It gets me through. Bob will always be with you, looking over you and guiding you. Hugs from Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds beautiful Tosca. Love and prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fact that you are so willing to share these very personal moments with all your fans who love you so much just confirms to us what a beautiful woman you are. Your strength, both inner and outer, continues to be such an inspiration! I will continue to pray for you and your family in the coming days! May God fill you with his peace and bring comfort to your aching heart! Much love and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tosca, may God be with you and your family through all your tough times that lie ahead and may God also give you the strength and comfort you need to face each and every day with this tragic loss. Like millions of other people, my life has changed in so many ways because of you and Robert and I am forever grateful for that. Robert has left quite a mark on the world with his "tough love" and I think it's a beautiful thing that he has influenced so many lives to be healthier and happier. He was a wonderful man and he will be greatly missed. Hang in there my fellow "sister in iron"' we are all behind you! I will make sure to wear something purple tomorrow in Robert's honor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. <3 Hugs Tosca, Kiersten, Chelsea, Kelsey, Rachel... I am grateful that so many wonderful people are by your side and helping you get through this most difficult time. I am praying for you and am with you all in thought. Love & Hugs XOXOXOXOXO ~Kymberly & family

    ReplyDelete
  21. May God be with you and your family during this difficult times. Just remember that the Lord never gives us more than we can handle so turn to Him when the going gets tough.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy to see you have surrounded yourself with great people to honor your loving husband. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you strong energy. Let him guide you ... you now have an angel in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have so many people there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hugs to all with sad hearts. Tosca, you are a pillar of strength, and if in my lifetime, I can be half the woman you are, I will have done well. I am sending love and peace your way.

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams