Thursday, August 4, 2011
You asked and now I'm answering!!!
My pumpkin muffins were a huge hit on the weekend during my family gathering. They were gone within a few minutes at the breakfast table!
Tip: Enjoy them with a swipe of all-natural nut butter or homemade apple butter for a balanced snack.
Read on to get the recipe...
PUMPKIN OATMEAL MUFFINS
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup almond flour (you can just grind raw almonds to a fine flour)
1/2 old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (these are optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon natural sea salt
1 cup cooked pumpkin flesh, or winter squash or sweet potato
4 egg whites or 2 whole natural organic eggs
1/2 cup natural honey
1/2 cup kefir
1/4 cup coconut butter
2 tablespoons oats for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix ONLY until just combined.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter into muffin tin. Fill to top. Sprinkle dry oats on top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until just golden on top. Remove from heat and let cool on wire rack.
Yield: Makes 12
Posted by Tosca Reno at 11:43 AM