Enjoy the recipe below:
YIELD: 24 servings
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
2 1/3 cups unsalted Olivina margarine
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 large omega-3 eggs
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp best-quality vanilla
1 ½ tsp sea salt
3 lbs (8 cups) old-fashioned rolled oats
4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
8 oz dark raisins (optional)
8 oz coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat sheets.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, honey, vanilla and sea salt until smooth and creamy.
- Use a large wooden spatula or your clean hands (best plan) to work in flour and oats until well combined. Add raisins and walnuts if desired and mix until evenly distributed.
- Shape the dough into large 3-inch balls and press into five- or six-inch flat cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown as you desire.
- Cool on wire racks and enjoy!