Today's Grub: Breakfast & Lunch
Breakfast: Oatmeal, hard boiled egg whites, and berries! I didn't eat the whole bowl of berries (although I probably could). They were for me, my husband, and my daughter.
Lunch: My half-eaten chicken salad with water!! I was too hungry to wait to take the picture! It was delicious!
Cooler 1 Comments:
I've received a lot of comments since I started Cooler 1. I'll answer a couple of reader questions today.
Don't forget, in future, send all questions to email@example.com. I'll be much more likely to answer on there!
1. Pre and Post Workout Meals: I usually prep with a small carb-based meal beforehand, such as an apple and a handful of nuts. After a workout I'll have a protein-based meal such as a protein shake. This is important for muscle recovery purposes.
2. Cooler 1 - why mine looks a little different: See Question 4.
3. If you're vegan and don't like soy how do you attempt Cooler 1: With difficulty to be honest. It's very hard to get enough protein from carb-based protein sources, and vegans rely on carb-based protein sources for the most part. You could try rice milk, almond milk, quinoa, and hemp. I prefer unfermented soy products like tempeh myself. You could try these, too. I find them easier to digest compared to tofu, but this is just me. Any other suggestions out there??
4. Training for a Sprint Tri on Cooler 1: I have to admit... it is hard! I am listening to my body and eating a little more than I usually would on Cooler 1. I don't want to get too lean, and the training for the tri is full of demanding cardio work which will lean me out very quickly. I'm doing my best to support my Makeover Challengers, but I am also trying to stay as healthy and nourished as possible while training so intensely. This is why you might see a few modifications in my Cooler 1 plan here and there. I'm only human... as you are all of you!
5. Salba: Salba is a chia seed product... a grain higher in protein than most others and full of other nutrients. You can read more here (by the way, I am not affiliated with this company... just a fan of their products).
6. Rice in Cooler 1: Please see pg. 102 of ECD Expanded. Also, as written above... I am training for a Sprint Tri and need a few more carbs from whole grains. Please also see this post.
6. Bee Pollen Replacement: If you don't like bee pollen just leave it out.
7. Cooler 1 as a Vegetarian Challenge: Send me the meal plans and I'll be happy to give it a try!