To my wonderful bloggers...
Have an excellent day whether you're with or without a sweetheart.
Here's a fun list that is floating around Facebook. You can add me as a friend on Facebook, and join my MySpace page, too. My team and I were finally able to get rid of the MySpace impostors so this is the real page.
Enjoy the list!
25 Things About Me
1. I was born 11 months after my sister so she is my “Irish twin.”
2. My name comes from the Italian opera by Puccini. It means “the beloved.” Which is interesting since everybody but Tosca dies in the opera. Yikes!!
3. When I am touched along the back of my neck I am undone. That is a big turn on for me.
4. I have no cavities. And my gums are fine too thanks.
5. I have big ugly feet for a girl who is 5’8” – I wear size 10 shoes! And I hate my feet.
6. I was born 5 minutes into Gemini so I always read both Taurus and Gemini horoscopes.
7. I had a dream once that I was on the Oprah show and that she was wearing a fuschia pink outfit and we were discussing the quality and flavor of her favorite ice cream. The dream was so real I could see the hairs on her arms and I could smell her perfume. That dream happened 15 years ago and I still have that same dream.
8. I like to cook but I am not uber-skilled so it’s odd to have a best-selling cookbook.
9. I broke my nose when I was 32 and had to have it repaired but I never thought about altering it surgically so that it was “Hollywood perfect.” I stuck with my own nose.
10. When I weighed 204 pounds – that was my heaviest – I was not pregnant. It was just me and the ice cream that piled the weight on.
11. I can’t stand the sight of blood which is why I never became a doctor.
12. When I delivered my last child I peed all over the doctor who was down at the business end of me waiting for my daughter to come out.
13. I can’t stand inefficiency. If I can do more than one thing at the same time I will. Like if I can pee and open the mail at the same time I do it!
14. I look ridiculous in ruffles and frills. You would laugh at me, I promise.
15. I can lift heavier with my legs than my husband.
16. I can speak Dutch, French and German.
17. I find it difficult to hang my ego on the door at times.
18. I swear I am telepathic. Sometimes I know things are going to happen before they do. When they do happen I am never wrong.
19. When my father died we forgot to pack a shirt for him to be buried in so I took off my turtleneck and that is what he was wearing when we buried him.
20. I am the person on the plane who listens to the emergency procedures even though I have heard them a hundred times or more and I always read the safety card. I imagine myself being prepared in case of emergency. If I am sitting in the Exit row then I practice in my head ripping the door out and chucking it into the air. You never know!
21. I once helped to deliver a calf at my uncle’s farm. I had to help put the chains on the little calf’s legs and help pull too. It left me shaking and thinking how fragile life is.
22. I made the most money as a university student working at Alcan Aluminum making tubing for tents and furniture. My boots and overalls stunk like oil and machines.
23. I have never smoked cigarettes.
24. I floss my teeth in bed and totally gross out my husband! Yeah – but my teeth are squeaky clean.
25. I can run really fast even in my snowshoes.