Tosca Reno

Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Only a Few More Days...

The countdown is on and with it comes last minute shopping and last minute errands. I drove off to Prince Edward County last night to pick up my daughters from their various schools. I ended up throwing on the rubber gloves and rolling up my sleeves to do some much-needed cleaning in my daughter's apartment. Student living... those were the days. Although, I don't remember my mother coming over to clean my toilet.

Now the car is packed to the hilt with gifts and suitcases and kids. We're on our way home to start the Christmas holidays.

While it can be a stressful time of year, it is certainly a great time, too. I love having all of my kids in the house. I admit to experiencing a bit of empty nest syndrome now that some of my daughters have left for higher education. There will be noise and mess and fun and drama and laughs and tears and all the joys of having a serious imbalance of estrogen vs. testosterone in the house for 2 weeks. My husband and stepson have to be pretty strong to deal with all of us girls.

What are your holidays like? Is the house bustling with people? Or is there a peaceful atmosphere?

I am very much looking forward to the next few weeks and hope that you are, too. The one message I ask everyone to remember this season is that even though the holidays only last for a few weeks, the spirit should last year round.

Enjoy your last few days of shopping madness. I'll be there with you in spirit as I am doing the same. Of course, I'll have some Eat-Clean protein bars on hand for sustenance...

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday and thank you for all of your support through the blogs, it is a big help.

    ReplyDelete



Tosca's Instragrams